NEED GARDEN HELP?
- Help with problem diagnosis
- Plant sample submissions
- Homeowner Series sessions on a wide variety of gardening topics
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook (Home and Garden Edition)
- A wealth of publications and articles on gardening in Georgia, such as:
- “Common Landscape Diseases in Georgia”
- “10 Steps to a Healthier Home Lawn”
- “Diagnosing Plant Problems”
- “Beneficial Insects, Spider, and Mites in the Southeast”
Publication: “Submitting Samples to the UGA Plant Disease Clinics”
“Managing Garden Insects Begins with a Question: Friend or Foe?”
Excellent video tutorial from UGA Extension on Garden Insects and Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
National repository of information and images of plants, pests, and plant diseases
Publications: “Guidelines to Identification and Management of Plant Disease Problems” – Parts I, II, III, IV
Publication: “Guide to Symptoms of Plant Nutrient Deficiencies”
Publication: “Those Voracious Voles!”
Soil and Amendments
Current soil temp, rainfall, and weather conditions in Dunwoody from the UGA weather station at the Cherokee Country Club.
Online order form for instructions and materials for soil testing. Cost is $15 per soil sample.
Explains the difference between organic and synthetic fertilizers. Provides excellent guidance on when and how to fertilize.
Listing of products certified for organic gardening by the OMRI
Publication: “Changing the pH of your soil”
Excellent search engine for plant selection and identification
Numerous publications on plant selection, from trees to ornamentals.
The definitive information source for plants native to our area, along with information on events and sources for purchasing plants.
The definitive information source for vegetable planting in Georgia.